Monday, June 4, 2012

Oh Updates, You're So Crazy...

Project Update


More work on fixing the auto-update functionality in order to display new tweets.  Have new tweets coming for multiple streams, but for whatever reason I'm having a hard time attaching them to the correct stream div.  The divs are clearly differentiated by id attribute, but so far no luck.

I think there's something wonky with the JavaScript for loop I'm using to grab status updates for each stream.  Might just need to blast some more brain juices at it...

Chain Update


As the initial deadline looms I'm getting more and more anxious about meeting it.  I think I may have been a little more ambitious with the June 8th initial release than my skills allow.  I think this project has potential, so I'd hate to release something that wasn't as good as it could be, and have it idea suffer because I couldn't birth it into the world the way I envision it.

Anyway, the thought that occurred to me before bed last night was to push the initial release to the start of the EPL.  That'd give me a couple of more months to polish it and land the must have features.  Plus I could learn a lot more about design and the aesthetic part of things.

We'll see where things are by Wednesday ;-).


Party On!

No comments: