Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Yay, for Success...

Project Update


Finally have the tweet response modal windows and links working the way I'd like.  Went round and round on why the jQuery code I'm using to populate the modals wasn't working with new statuses.  I figured it was something I wasn't understanding with the jQuery, the DOM, and Ajax.

After trying everything I could think of, and reading up on a lot of other jQuery methods, I finally came across the .on magicalness.  The method replaces the delegate and live methods... I never used them in the past, so that wasn't a problem for me.  Though delegate has immediately come in handy for a project I'm working on in the day job which is stuck with jquery-1.4.4.  All I can say is that reading is good, heeh.

I also want to go back and use .on to clean up a project I created for my last job.  I went for brute force development to get it out there quickly and totally didn't follow the DRY development principles.  I always meant to go back and clean it up, but I changed jobs before that phase of the project.

Chain Update


Feels like things are getting more hectic today.  Really need to wrap up a project for the day job, and June 8th is rapidly approaching.  The work on the house doesn't help matters either.  Hard to concentrate with three people hammering the shit out of the walls and floor all morning.

On the home stretch though.


Party On!

No comments: