Thursday, May 17, 2012

More Stream Fun...

Project Update


Finally got the ability to view a stream and see new updates as they come in.  I used some simple JavaScript counter code I found on w3schools, great site by the way I've used it often to lookup HTML elements to make sure I know what they're doing. 

Coincidently the counter code, actually something similar, has come in very handy for the day job.  Trying to automatically log time when someone opens a ticket through the web interface.  Have the counter working, but need to find a way to send it to the server when the user navigates away from the page... hopefully that'll come together today.

Also, I used multiprocessing for fetching the stream updates... totally not 100% sure I know what I'm doing, but it seems to work.  I'm sure at some point I'll look back and be a little embarrassed about how crude the code is.  That will totally be fun though.

Chain Update


Feels good to see all the 'Xs' on the one page year calendar I printed off the Internets.  After reading the Habit book, I feel that the process of adding an X for each day that I work on the project really enforces a habit by providing the reward at the end.  It's kind of hard not to think about what will come of all the work after an entire year ;-).

One day at a time, heh.


Party On!

No comments: