Friday, May 18, 2012

Displaying Tweets...

Project Update


Worked on having status updates meet the Twitter Display Guidelines.  Have almost everything ship shape.  Ran into a small snag when the python-twitter library didn't support the display_url attribute for the urls entity... that was a quick fix to add. 

A larger fix required basically copying the Url class and creating a Media class that can handle media entities.  I think it's pretty close, but I'm not 100% sure it returns a dictionary object if there isn't a media entity for a tweet.  Not a big deal with a quick if statement to make sure the status object has a media attribute.

Chain Update


I'm really starting to realize how fun it is to develop web applications.  I could totally do this for 8-17 hours a day ;-).  Even though my commitment for this project is 2 hours a day, I've found myself on more than one occasion working on it for 3-3.5 hours a day.  The whole chain method has somewhat surprisingly been a great motivator.



Party On!

No comments: