Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fun with Ajax...

Project Update


Put in quite a bit of time on the project yesterday.  Had a couple of hours while Mandy got a massage... it's nice to have a massager in the neighborhood.  Have a little bit of breakage related to the reply and retweet code.  When a new tweet is added to the page, the response modal windows don't display correctly.  I figured it was something to do with the JavaScript code that populates the different parts of the modal window, and after some investigation read up on jQuery Ajax Events.

Ajax Events are pretty cool, and allow you to listen for an event and then take action on error, success, etc.  I think this will actually help me in a project I've been somewhat stumped on for the day job.  I'll have to do some experimentation on Tuesday.

Chain Update


The working on the road experience has so far been as good as last time.  We're planning on heading back this evening, and I'm not sure how tired I'll be.  Might have to take a quick nap when we get back to the mountains.  Having Monday off for Memorial Day, I might have quite a bit of time to put in on the project... or at least that's what I'm hoping.  I'd like to get everything with the display and stream update finished before Monday.  That should leave all next week to work on the home page and then maybe setup some test events.

We'll have to wait and see...


Party On!

No comments: