Friday, May 25, 2012

Cruisen...

Project Update


Worked quite a bit yesterday on cleaning up more of the tweet display.  Gotta make the retweet, reply, and favorite links actually do something, heh.  Started some more work with Bootstrap modal windows, which are a pretty cool piece of technology in my opinion.

After making the tweets conform to the display guidelines, I had to go back and move a lot of the code into the model... should have been there in the first place.  I guess that's why refactoring is good ;-).  Anyway, auto updating of streams is working again.

A side affect of this is that I also had to move the code to adjust the times into the model.  It was far easier to whip up a few lines of code in Python to adjust the date than it was to do it in JavaScript.  I think I was hung up on that issue for at least two days... garr!

Chain Update


An interesting thing has started happening the last two nights.  I've been up late working on the project, but since I had a nap after work I haven't been very tired.  When 2:00am rolls around and good morning tweets from Europe start showing up, I feel pretty good.  Then when I jump into bed, I can't sleep for 45 minutes to an hour.

Things are coming together so well with the project that it's hard to let it go.  Guess that's a good problem to have.


Party On!

No comments: